What is Artificial Intelligence?
What is Artificial Intelligence?
WRITTEN BY: Pranjal Gautam
Artificial intelligence is a branch of science which deals with helping machines finding solutions to complex problems. It is a science and technology-based on disciplines like learning, reasoning, and self-correction. Artificial Intelligence was introduced by John McCarthy. McCarthy coined the term artificial intelligence in 1955, and he created the computer programming language LISP (list processing) in 1958. Python is a language that is easier to learn and one of the most popular for AI today. A computer working with AI can answer the generic question and not only a specific question. There is quick and easy programming modification with the emulation of artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence mainly consists of Philosophy, biology, algorithm, sociology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Neuroscience.
Domains Of AI:
NLP:- NLP stands for natural language processing. The goal of NLP is to allow humans and humanoids to talk to each other in human language (English) rather than in a computer language (binary language). Eg. MYSTERY ANIMAL GAME.
Computer Vision:- the Goal of computer vision research is to give power facility of understanding their surrounding with the help of attached cameras. Eg. EMOJISCAVENGER HUNT
Data for AI: Data collection is the process of gathering and measuring information from countless different sources. To use the data, we collect to develop practical AI(artificial intelligence).
Merits and Demerits of AI
- Artificial intelligence helps in making our task easy and it can perform multiple tasks at a particular time.
- They help in solving the complex problem which humans cannot do.
- AI would have a low error rate compared to humans if coded properly. They would have incredible precision, accuracy, and speed as compared to humans.
- They can detect fraud in card-based systems and possibly other systems in the future.
- AI pets like robot dogs can give a pleasure of a real dog and can also be taken to place to place as a safety agent too.
- AI robots are very expensive to make as they require a lot many components like a motherboard, electric wires, sensors, piezo motors, etc.
- When these humanoids get to know how to make or create themselves they will multiply and they will not listen to anyone even those who have made them.
They can harm being like a terminator One of the most amazing characteristics of human cognitive power is its ability to develop with age and experience. However, the same can’t be said about AIs as they are machines that can’t improve with experience, rather it starts to wear and tear with time.
Artificial Intelligence Ethics
- Unemployment: The hierarchy of labor is concerned primarily with automation. As we have invented ways to automate the job, we could create room for people to assume more complex jobs moving from physical labor to labor that characterize strategic and administrative work.
- Inequality: How do we distribute wealth created by a machine?
Our economic system is based on compensation for contribution to the economy often assured using an hourly wage. By using AI, a company can drastically cut down on relying on the human workforce and this means that revenues will go to fewer people. Consequently, individuals who have ownership in AI-driven companies will make all the money. Artificial intelligence advancements will increase the disparity of wealth between the rich and poor.
3. Artificial Stupidity:
How can we guard against mistakesà Intelligence comes from learning, whether you are a human or machine system, usually go through a training phase to learn, to detect patterns and input. After training, they go through a test phase where they go through examples. These phases cannot cover all examples that the system faces in the real world. These systems can be fooled where a human cannot be. E.g. Dot pattern can lead a machine to see things that are not there.
Artificial Stupidity, which is what happens when computers are not given the knowledge they need.
4. Racist Robot: How do we eliminate AI biasà Though AI is capable of a speed and capacity of processing, it cannot always be trusted to be fair and neutral. Google’s photo service is where AI is used to identify people, objects, or scenes but it can go wrong when a camera missed a mark on racial sensitivity or software used to predict future criminals showed against black people.
- Robot Rights: How do we define humane treatment of AI. AI machines are considered entities that can perceive, feel, and act. It’s not a huge leap to ponder their legal status. Will we consider the suffering of the “feeling machine”.
Viddushi · December 21, 2020 at 2:04 pm
It’s an Amazing article about AI!
Pranjal · December 21, 2020 at 3:17 pm
AlexJackson · January 1, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Nicely put into words
Sreevarshan · January 12, 2021 at 7:20 pm
Kaafi aage jayega BRO. KEEP IT UP !!!!!
Anil · January 12, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Nicely article about Artificial Intelligence
Sreevarshan · January 12, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Sreevarshan · January 18, 2021 at 7:15 pm
WOW! Your article is very LIT !!
Sreevarshan · January 18, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Sreevarshan · January 18, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Naitik · January 19, 2021 at 5:29 pm
Good written bro sinus
Navya · January 20, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Bruhh another one of your great articles……..👍🏻
Navya · January 20, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Another one of your great articles……..👍🏻
Anil Kumar · January 21, 2021 at 2:46 pm
Aayush · January 21, 2021 at 6:01 pm
Bro fanatic article